This is the side facade of the former Ministry of Finance. The long-stretching, multy-storey facade is punctuated by minor projections, and only the memorial tablets placed on them are worthy of note.
A brass memorial tablet with a bird- and plant ornamentation is set on the left hand side projection of the frontage. The following inscription can be read on the tablet in Cyrillic letters in Ukrainian language on the left, and in Hungarian on the right:
THE "RUSALKA DNISTOROVAIA" ALMANAC, A PUBLICATION THAT PLAYED A HIGHLY SIGNOFICANT ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF UKRANIAN LITERATURE, WAS PUBLISHED HERE IN 1837, IN THE HUNGARIAN ROYAL UNIVERSITY PRESS.
The Hungarian Association of Ukrainian Culture
A brass tablet is also set on the projection located second from the left.
THE UNIVERSITY PRESS OPERATED AT THIS LOCATION FROM 1777 UNTIL 1926. THE INSTITUTION FOUNDED IN 1577 IN NAGYSZOMBAT COMMEMORATES ITS 400TH ANNIVERSARY WITH THIS TABLET.
On the stone memorial tablet placed on the third projection, the following Romanian and Hungarian-language inscription can be read:
AT THE END OF THE 18TH, AND BEGINNING OF THE 19TH CENTURY, UNDER THE MANAGEMENT OF SAMUIL MICU-CLAIN (1744-1806), GHEORGE SINCAI (1754-1816) AND PETRU MAIOR CORIPHAEUS OF THE TRANSYLVANIAN SCHOOL, ROMANIAN BOOKS OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE WERE PUBLISHED HERE IN THE UNIVERSITY PRESS. THE ABOVE-LISTED "CENSORS" LIVED HERE UNTIL 1810.
2002/5TH DISTRICT ROMANIAN MINORITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT