The predecessor of today's building was built while uniting and reconstructing two medieval houses after 1686. The wing on Dísz Square was built in early Baroque style at the beginning of the 18th century. Count de la Motte des Aulnois, lieutenant colonel at the Károly Ferenc Faculty of Engineering bought it in 1760. The building of the gateway, the room above it, the facade and the corridor with arcades on the courtyard can be attributed to him and it was he, who had the mural paintings of the upstairs room made.
The layout of the two medieval houses can be traced in the ground plan of the ground floor and the facade as well. The eight bays long front is closed by a two membered entablature and there is a string course above the ground floor level. On the first floor level there are stone-framed windows with scrolls. The four right side window bays evoques the block of one of the earlier buildings; on its ground floor there was a small shop giving to the street with a medieval gateway next to it and a kitchen behind a small room. The medieval well could be found in the vaulted room of the cellar under the kitchen. Behind the window and door of the other building there was a pharmacy. The domic arched Baroque gateway is the entrance to the mansion today: a quarter-turn staircase leads to the upper level, and there is a cellar entrance under it. There are two other levels in the cellar: one is connected to the cellar system of the Castle, while the other leads to a recently discovered natural cave.
The features of the court facade are determined by the ground floor and first floor arcade-corridor. The De la Motte family probably rebuilt the interior of the building. The row of rooms consisting of five rooms on the upper level was built then, and is decorated with al secco figural mural paintings in Baroque-Rococo style. On the walls are pictures of the archangels Gabriel and Michael, and Saint John of Nepomuk, as well as of flowers depicted in colourful vases, and the story of Christ's suffering, i.e. the scenes of the Passion.